The King of Fighters '97 is SNK Playmore, Hamster Corporation, D4 Enterprise's Fighting game released in 2007.
Since The King of Fighters '97 is a fighting style of game you can expect fast paced, side view, player vs. player fighting action. Like Moral Kombat, Tekken, or Dead or Alive, most fighting games are in an arena with 3d style graphics and really rely on the players reflexes.
How to Port Forward The King of Fighters '97
When you are playing The King of Fighters '97 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for The King of Fighters '97
The exact ports for The King of Fighters '97 are as follows:
The King of Fighters '97 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
The King of Fighters '97 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
The King of Fighters '97 - Wii
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
The King of Fighters '97 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for The King of Fighters '97 that will show you the exact ports.
- The King of Fighters '97 - Playstation 3
- The King of Fighters '97 - Playstation 4
- The King of Fighters '97 - Wii
- The King of Fighters '97 - Xbox One
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.