The Settlers is Ubisoft's Real-Time, Management, and Strategy game released in 2022.
The Settlers includes the following styles of gameplay.
- In a real time strategy game multiple players are fighting for control of a battlefield, usually in a top down view. RTS games can also be in a 3rd person or isometric viewpoint. They tend to involve time and resource management as well as troop and building construction.
- Games tagged management are usually either player management like in a sports game or resource management like in StarCraft.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
How to Port Forward The Settlers
We don't know the necessary ports for The Settlers yet, but you can help us figure it out. We're pretty sure that The Settlers is going to have ports to forward since it is multiplayer. With your help we can get those ports listed on our site for everyone to use.
- Download our free software called Network Utilities and install it.
- When the install completes start Network Utilities and then find the Port Finder button.
- Follow the instructions on screen to use the Port Finder application to find your game's ports.
- Someone at Port Forward will look at the port data and add it to our site as soon as possible.
Ports Required for The Settlers
Usually a game will only open up the port in "listen mode" when it's needed. This means you'll have to put your game into some sort of multiplayer mode in order for us to detect the incoming ports that need to be forwarded properly. We'll watch the game running and look for which ports it opens up to see which ports might need to be forwarded.
Most games will open the same port in "listen mode" every time, as opposed to a random numbered port. This is a good thing because once we know which ports the game listens on then we know exactly which ports to forward in your router.
Occasionally a game will require a very large number of ports to be forwarded because it opens up a random port within a range. Over time we should be able to figure out that range because we'll notice that all users need a port open in the same range.
What Port Finder Does
This is a brief rundown of all the things that Port Finder will do:
- Examine the incoming connection ports that The Settlers has open. These are the incoming connection ports for The Settlers.
- Wait for you to attempt to do something multiplayer, which might open up additional ports.
- Upload those ports to our servers so that we can combine them with other uploads and share them.
As users submit port data to our servers we will combine it into a list that we publish. This will become the list that we recommend everyone forwards in their router.
As soon as we find the incoming ports for The Settlers we will list them on this page.