Forwarding Ports in Your Router for This War of Mine
This War of Mine includes the following styles of gameplay.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
- Survival games are usually focused on resource management, such as ammo and health, and occasionally include elements of stealth. They tend to be based on either supernatural enemies, have horror themes, or be post-apocalyptic. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
- Simulation is a huge category of games that includes driving and flying simulators, social simulations, medical simulations, sports simulations, and even dating simulations. They attempt to mimic the real world in a way that is either educational or rewarding or both. Popular examples include SimCity, FlightGear, and Madden NFL.
Port Forward This War of Mine
When you are playing This War of Mine you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does This War of Mine Require
The specific incoming ports for This War of Mine are as follows:
This War of Mine - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for This War of Mine yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
This War of Mine - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
This War of Mine - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
This War of Mine - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
This War of Mine - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and This War of Mine simply follow one of these links:
- This War of Mine - Playstation 4
- This War of Mine - Steam
- This War of Mine - Switch
- This War of Mine - Xbox One
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.