The following ports need to be forwarded for Timbuktu Pro Mac:
Timbuktu Pro Mac - PC
- TCP: 407
Forwarding Ports for Timbuktu Pro Mac
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use Timbuktu Pro Mac. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to Timbuktu Pro Mac.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your computer.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for Timbuktu Pro Mac
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Timbuktu Pro Mac in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Timbuktu Pro Mac:
List of Routers - Customized for Timbuktu Pro Mac
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for Timbuktu Pro Mac.