How to Port Forward Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter includes the following styles of gameplay.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
How to Port Forward Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
When you are playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to click the links to get to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
The necessary ports that need to be forwarded for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter are as follows:
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - PC
- TCP: 6667,28910,29900-29901,29920
- UDP: 13139,15250,27900-27901,29910
We have guides that are custom tailored for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter that will show you the specific incoming ports.
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Xbox 360
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - PC
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.