Total Annihilation is a Real-Time and Strategy game published by GT Interactive, Wargaming.net released in 1997.
When you play Total Annihilation you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- Real time strategy games do not have turns, but instead have both players competing at the same time. They typically involve a mostly top down view and involve troop and building creation as well as resource management such as mining and logging. Popular examples are Warcraft and StarCraft.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
How to Port Forward Total Annihilation
When you are playing Total Annihilation you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Total Annihilation Require
The incoming connection ports for Total Annihilation are as follows:
Total Annihilation - PC
- TCP: 2300-2400, 47624
- UDP: 2300-2400
Total Annihilation - Steam
- TCP: 2300-2400, 27015-27030, 27036-27037, 47624
- UDP: 2300-2400, 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Total Annihilation simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.