Forwarding Ports in Your Router for Trackmania (2020)
Trackmania offers the following styles of gameplay.
- In driving/racing style games you are in control of a vehicle, either from its cockpit or from a chase camera. They are usually fast paced and reflex based. Some of them have story modes while others are more arcade style. Popular driving racing games include Forza, Dirt, and Mario Kart.
- Puzzle games require players to solve a variety of puzzles ranging from logic to patterns to words and numbers. They are sometimes timed and sometimes do not have a time limit. Some puzzle games have a level progression built in to them and others are more in the arcade style.
Port Forward Trackmania
We need at least one user to submit ports for Trackmania. In order to figure out which ports Trackmanianeeds to forward we have written some software called Port Finder. If you follow the steps below it will help get Trackmaniain our database:
- Download our free software called Network Utilities and install it.
- When the install completes start Network Utilities and then find the Port Finder button.
- Carefully follow the instructions in the Port Finder application.
- Once the Port Finder has found your game ports they will be added to our site quickly.
Which Ports Does Trackmania Require
Most applications will open up a port in "listen mode" only while the game is in some sort of a multiplayer mode. It's important to have the Port Finder application running in the background while you attempt to make a multiplayer connection in the game or application.
Usually games will use the same port every time they are launched so we only need to collect this port data once. Some games and applications use a random numbered port at each launch and we'll only be able to figure that out over multiple runs possibly even from multiple different users.
Occasionally a game will require a huge number of ports to be forwarded because it opens up a random port within a range. Over time we should be able to figure out that range because we'll notice that all users need a port open in the same range.
How Port Finder Works
This is a brief rundown of all the things that Port Finder will do:
- Examine the specific incoming ports that Trackmaniahas open. These are the specific incoming ports for Trackmania.
- Watch which ports open and close as you run the game and try to join a multiplayer match.
- Upload those ports to our servers so that we can combine them with other uploads and share them.
Our servers will collect all of the necessary ports used by multiple users and intelligently combine them into a single list of ports required. Then we will use this list to help other people know what to forward.
We will list any new ports found for Trackmania on this page as soon as we know them.