Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for Twonky Server:
Twonky Server - PC
- TCP: 9000, 9020-9021
- UDP: 1030, 1900, 9020-9021, 9080
Set Up a Port Forward for Twonky Server
When you use Twonky Server you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to Twonky Server.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for Twonky Server
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Twonky Server in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Twonky Server:
List of Routers - Customized for Twonky Server
That's all it takes to forward your ports for Twonky Server.