The ports that need to be forwarded for UltraVNC are listed here:
UltraVNC - PC
- TCP: 100000, 100001
- UDP: 100000, 100001
Set Up a Port Forward for UltraVNC
When you use UltraVNC you might need to forward some ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to UltraVNC.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of your computer.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for UltraVNC
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for UltraVNC in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for UltraVNC:
List of Routers - Customized for UltraVNC
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for UltraVNC.