The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Valheim Server are:
Valheim Server - PC
- UDP: 2456-2457
Set Up a Port Forward for Valheim Server
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use Valheim Server. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Valheim Server.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Setting Up a Port Forward for Valheim Server
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Valheim Server in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Valheim Server:
List of Routers - Customized for Valheim Server
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Valheim Server.