Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for Ventrilo Server:
Ventrilo Server - PC
- TCP: 3784
- UDP: 3784
Setting Up a Port Forward for Ventrilo Server
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use Ventrilo Server. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to Ventrilo Server.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your computer's IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for Ventrilo Server
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Ventrilo Server in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Ventrilo Server:
List of Routers - Customized for Ventrilo Server
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for Ventrilo Server.