Your Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620L router uses a firewall to protect your home network from unwanted access. Your firewall does this by blocking all connections to and from the Internet that are not authorized. Sometimes the connections required to play an online game or online program are blocked. This will cause all kinds of connectivity issues that are extremely irritating. To fix this problem you need to make a port forward on your Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620LH router.
In this guide we show you how to port forward on the Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620L router. We will be walking you through each of the following steps:
- Setting up a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding your ports to.
- Logging into the Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620L router.
- Finding the port forwarding section of your router.
- And finally, how to configure the router to port forward the ports you want forwarded.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Another highly recommended way of getting a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP Reservation.
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
With DHCP reservations you can manage your devices from your router. This centralizes the management of your network and helps prevent IP address conflicts. Using this method you do not have to log in to your devices separately.
In this step we show you how to login to the Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620L router. When logging into this router you need to open a web browser because it uses a web interface. It does not matter what browser you decide to use. Pick one you are comfortable with. If you are unsure here are some examples: Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Edge.
After you have opened the web browser, find the address bar. This is typically at the top of the page like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620L IP Address is: 192.168.1.1
After typing the correct IP address into the address bar, you are taken to My Jetpack Home:
To login you need to click the Sign In in the upper right corner of the page.
On this new page, simply enter the Admin Password and press the red Sign in button.
The default Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620L Admin Password is: admin
This is a common place to get stuck. Here are a few things you can try:
- First, try some other Verizon passwords. If you have a different firmware version, you might also have a different username and/or password. Here is our list of Default Verizon Router Passwords.
- Second, we recommend trying to guess what the password might be. You must have forgotten what you changed the username and password to when you setup the router. If you need a bit of help, check out our Find Password App. This app allows you to automate the guessing process. Learn more about it on the Router Password Cracker page.
- Finally if you are still stuck, you may want to do a factory reset. A factory reset erases every single setting you have ever changed in the lifetime of this router. We strongly recommend you exhaust your other options first. Learn how to reset a router in this How to Reset a Router guide.
Now that you are logged into the Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620L router, let's find the port forwarding section. To do this we begin on My Jetpack Home.
First, click the Jetpack Settings in the left sidebar.
You should now see three tabs in the center section of the page. Click the tab labeled Advanced.
This page is just to warn you that you are entering an advanced section. Click the red Continue button on the right side of the page.
You should now see a page like the one above. Click the option of Port Forwarding.
You are almost there. Select the link near the bottom of the page labeled Add a Custom Application.
Congratulations. This is the page to create a new port forward on your Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620L router.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
In the On checkbox put a checkmark.
Put a name for this forward in the App Name box so that you can remember why you set this forward up. The name does not matter so pick something that has meaning to you.
Enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to in the IP Address box. This is either the IP address of a computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
If you are only forwarding a single port number then enter that number into both the Start Port and the End Port boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports separated by a hyphen then enter the lowest number of that range into the Start Port box and the highest number of that range into the End Port box.
Select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding from the Protocol box.
Test Your Ports
After you have finished port forwarding, it is a good idea to check and see if they forwarded correctly. We have an Open Port Checker you can use. It is free and part of our Network Utilities. This Open Port Checking tool uses a local application to see if the server is listening on those ports. This gives you an accurate answer. Go ahead and give it a try.
Are you still having trouble? You are an excellent candidate for our Network Utilities. It sets up the static IP address, configures your router, and troubleshoots for you.
Don't forget to check out our growing list of free guides. Everything from gaming to networking, we are your computer information source.
On our site setuprouter.com you can find guides on setting up your wireless network, changing the wireless channel, or even changing your DNS settings. These guides are router specific, so just find your router model and follow the individualized instructions.