The following ports need to be forwarded for Voobly:
Voobly - PC
- UDP: 16000
Set Up a Port Forward for Voobly
When you use Voobly you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to Voobly.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Forwarding a Port for Voobly
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Voobly in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Voobly:
List of Routers - Customized for Voobly
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for Voobly.