The following ports need to be forwarded for vsftp:
vsftp - PC
- TCP: 20, 21
Set Up a Port Forward for vsftp
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use vsftp. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to vsftp.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your computer's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Forward Ports for vsftp
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for vsftp in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for vsftp:
List of Routers - Customized for vsftp
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for vsftp.