We Were Here has the following styles of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
- In a puzzle type game the player solves puzzles that may be either logic, patters, words, or numbers. Puzzle games sometimes use a timer to create a sense of pressure to solve the puzzle faster.
How to Port Forward We Were Here
When you are playing We Were Here you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does We Were Here Require
The ports for We Were Here are as follows:
We Were Here - PC
- UDP: 5055-5058
We Were Here - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 5055-5058, 27000-27031, 27036
We Were Here - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
We Were Here - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
We have guides that are custom tailored for We Were Here that will show you the network ports.
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.