Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for WebcamXP:
WebcamXP - PC
- TCP: 8080, 8090
Forward Ports for WebcamXP
When you use WebcamXP you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to WebcamXP.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The IP address of your computer.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Forward Ports for WebcamXP
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for WebcamXP in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for WebcamXP:
List of Routers - Customized for WebcamXP
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for WebcamXP.