The following ports need to be forwarded for WinConnect Server ES:
WinConnect Server ES - PC
- TCP: 3389
Forwarding Ports for WinConnect Server ES
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use WinConnect Server ES. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to WinConnect Server ES.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for WinConnect Server ES
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for WinConnect Server ES in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for WinConnect Server ES:
List of Routers - Customized for WinConnect Server ES
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for WinConnect Server ES.