The ports that need to be forwarded for WinTV Extend are listed here:
WinTV Extend - PC
- TCP: 7799
- UDP: 7799
Forwarding Ports for WinTV Extend
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use WinTV Extend. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to WinTV Extend.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your computer's IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for WinTV Extend
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for WinTV Extend in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for WinTV Extend:
List of Routers - Customized for WinTV Extend
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for WinTV Extend.