World of Warships offers the following genres of gameplay.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- An MMO game is a Massively Multiplayer Online game where 1000's of players play in the same game world at the same time. They are frequently fantasy based like World of Warcraft, but they can also be sci-fi like Star Citizen. MMO's have a strong focus on character development and loot collection.
How to Port Forward World of Warships
When you are playing World of Warships you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for World of Warships
The ports for World of Warships are as follows:
World of Warships - PC
- TCP: 1080, 3128, 8080-8081, 8088, 8888, 20000-25000, 32801, 32803
- UDP: 3478-3479, 5060, 5062, 12000-29999, 32801-32825
We have guides that are custom tailored for World of Warships that will show you the ports.
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.