The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for X-Lite are:
X-Lite - PC
- TCP: 5060, 8000-8005
Forward Ports for X-Lite
When you use X-Lite you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to X-Lite.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Setting Up a Port Forward for X-Lite
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for X-Lite in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for X-Lite:
List of Routers - Customized for X-Lite
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for X-Lite.