The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a X10 AirSight XX40A are:
X10 AirSight XX40A - PC
- TCP: 80
Set Up a Port Forward for a X10 AirSight XX40A
When you use a X10 AirSight XX40A you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a X10 AirSight XX40A.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your camera.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Forwarding a Port for a X10 AirSight XX40A
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type the IP address of your camera into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a X10 AirSight XX40A in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a X10 AirSight XX40A:
List of Routers - Customized for X10 AirSight XX40A
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a X10 AirSight XX40A.