The following ports need to be forwarded for XBConnect:
XBConnect - PC
- TCP: 8602
- UDP: 8602
Forwarding Ports for XBConnect
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use XBConnect. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to XBConnect.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Setting Up a Port Forward for XBConnect
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for XBConnect in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for XBConnect:
List of Routers - Customized for XBConnect
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for XBConnect.