The ports that need to be forwarded for Xfire Directplay 7 are listed here:
Xfire Directplay 7 - PC
- TCP: 2300-2400, 47624
- UDP: 2300-2400, 47624
Forwarding Ports for Xfire Directplay 7
When you use Xfire Directplay 7 you might need to forward some ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to Xfire Directplay 7.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Setting Up a Port Forward for Xfire Directplay 7
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Xfire Directplay 7 in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Xfire Directplay 7:
List of Routers - Customized for Xfire Directplay 7
That's all it takes to forward your ports for Xfire Directplay 7.