The ports that need to be forwarded for Xunlei are listed here:
Xunlei - PC
- TCP: User configured
Forwarding Ports for Xunlei
When you use Xunlei you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to Xunlei.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your download client.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for Xunlei
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your download client's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Xunlei in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Xunlei:
List of Routers - Customized for Xunlei
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Xunlei.