The following ports need to be forwarded for Yaesu WIRES-X:
Yaesu WIRES-X - PC
- UDP: 46100, 46110, 46112, 46114, 46120, 46122
Forward Ports for Yaesu WIRES-X
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use Yaesu WIRES-X. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to Yaesu WIRES-X.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of your computer.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for Yaesu WIRES-X
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Yaesu WIRES-X in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Yaesu WIRES-X:
List of Routers - Customized for Yaesu WIRES-X
That's all it takes to forward your ports for Yaesu WIRES-X.