The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Yahoo Voice Chat are:
Yahoo Voice Chat - PC
- UDP: 5000-5010
Set Up a Port Forward for Yahoo Voice Chat
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use Yahoo Voice Chat. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to Yahoo Voice Chat.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for Yahoo Voice Chat
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Yahoo Voice Chat in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Yahoo Voice Chat:
List of Routers - Customized for Yahoo Voice Chat
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for Yahoo Voice Chat.