The ports that need to be forwarded for Yak Digital Home Phone are listed here:
Yak Digital Home Phone - PC
- TCP: 5060-5061, 20000-40000
- UDP: 5060-5061, 20000-40000
Forward Ports for Yak Digital Home Phone
When you use Yak Digital Home Phone you may need to forward ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Yak Digital Home Phone.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your phone's internal IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Setting Up a Port Forward for Yak Digital Home Phone
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your phone into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for Yak Digital Home Phone in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Yak Digital Home Phone:
List of Routers - Customized for Yak Digital Home Phone
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Yak Digital Home Phone.