The ports that need to be forwarded for ZNES are listed here:
ZNES - PC
- UDP: 7845
Setting Up a Port Forward for ZNES
When you use ZNES you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to ZNES.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for ZNES
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for ZNES in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for ZNES:
List of Routers - Customized for ZNES
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for ZNES.