Forwarding Ports in Your Router for Zoo Tycoon (2013)
Zoo Tycoon (2013) offers the following genres of gameplay.
- The management style can be either resource management such as wood and ore, or player management such as a sports game.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
Forward Ports for Zoo Tycoon (2013)
When you are playing Zoo Tycoon (2013) you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Zoo Tycoon (2013)
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Zoo Tycoon (2013) are as follows:
Zoo Tycoon (2013) - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Zoo Tycoon (2013) - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Zoo Tycoon (2013) simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.