Simple ZTE F680 Router Open Port Guide
Your ZTE F680 router has a very basic firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. The firewall works by blocking connections. Some connections may need to be opened in order for games and other applications to run more smoothly on your computer. You can open additional connections by creating a port forward.
In this guide we will show you how to port forward on the ZTE F680 router. The steps we will walk you through are:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the ZTE F680 router web interface.
- How to find the port forwarding page in the router's web interface.
- How to setup a port forward for the online game or program of your choice.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
TIP: Write this static IP address down. You need it in Step 4.
It is now time to login to the ZTE F680 router. This router uses a web user interface which means you need to open a web browser before you can login to the router. So go ahead and open a web browser. Common web browsers include Chrome, Edge, and Internet Explorer.
After you open up the web browser of your choice, find the address bar. The address bar is at the top of the page like this:
In the image above we have circled the address bar for you in red. All you need to do is replace what is in this space with the router's IP address. This is also called the computer's default gateway.
By default the ZTE F680 router has an IP address of: 192.168.1.1
After you enter the router's IP address press the Enter key. If everything goes like it should you will see a login page for your router. It looks like this:
If everything did not go as it should, you need to find out what the router's IP address has been changed to. To do this read our guide titled How To Find Your Router's IP Address.
Go ahead and enter the router's username and password to login to the router interface.
- The Default ZTE F680 Router Username is: admin
- The Default ZTE F680 Router Password is: password
This is a pretty common place to get stuck. If you find yourself here, don't panic, there are a few things you can try:
- First, check all the different ZTE default combinations. Here is our list of all known Default ZTE Router Passwords.
- Second, try and guess what the password/username was changed to. Use our Find Password App to make this step easier.
- Finally, if you still are stuck after trying both of the above options, it may be time to consider a factory reset. Learn more about this option on the How to Reset a Router page.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
In the Enable checkbox put a checkmark.
Make up a name to put in the Name box. The name does not have any effect on the functionality of the forward, it's simply there so you can know why it was created.
In the Protocol box select the protocol that you want to forward these ports over.
The WAN Host Start IP Address and WAN Host End IP Address box needs to be left blank.
Select an available connection using the WAN Connection dropdown box.
If you are only forwarding a single port then you can enter that same port number into the WAN Start Port, WAN End Port, LAN Host Start Port and LAN Host End Port boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports then you need to enter the lowest number of the range into the WAN Start Port and LAN Host Start Port boxes and the highest number of the range into the WAN End Port and LAN Host End Port boxes.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to into the LAN Host IP Address box. Note that if you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on a device other than your computer then you can enter your device's IP address into that box instead.
When you are all done click the Add button.