In this guide we will walk you through each step in the port forwarding process for the ZTE MF65M router. Your router uses a firewall to help protect your home network from dangerous Internet access. The firewall protects your network by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections unless otherwise specified. If you are playing an online game or using an online program you may need some of these blocked connections opened up. This is typically called a port forward.
We will walk you through the following steps:
- How to create a Static IP address for the device or game
- How to login to the ZTE MF65M router interface.
- How to find the port forwarding section of the router.
- Finally, how to create a port forward on the device.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
It is now time to login to the ZTE MF65M router. To do this you need to open up a web browser because your router uses a web interface. It doesn't matter which web browser you decide to use, we recommend picking one you are comfortable with. Some common choices are Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
After you have opened up the web browser of your choice, find the address bar. This is normally at the top of the page. Here is an example of an address bar:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default ZTE MF65M IP Address is: 192.168.0.1
After typing the router's IP address into the address bar, click the Enter key and you should be taken to a login page similar to this:
On this page, use the available boxes to enter the router's interface username and password. Then, press the OK button to access the router settings.
- The Default ZTE MF65M Router Username is: admin
- The Default ZTE MF65M Router Password is: password
Unable To Login?
Are you having trouble logging into the ZTE MF65M? Don't panic, here are a few things you can try:
- First, we recommend trying other ZTE passwords. If you have a slightly different firmware version then you may also have a different password. Check out our Default ZTE Router Passwords here.
- If the above option did not work, it is because you changed the password in the past and probably have forgotten. We recommend trying to guess what you changed it to. If you need help with this we recommend using our Find Password App. It automates the process of guessing the the password for you. Learn more about it on our Router Password Cracker page.
- Finally, if you are still stuck, it might be time to consider a factory reset. A reset like this erases all settings you have ever changed on the ZTE MF65M. We strongly recommend you try other ways of solving this problem before you continue with a reset. For more on resetting a router check out this How to Reset a Router page.
After successfully logging into the ZTE MF65M router, it is time to find the port forwarding section of the device. To help you do this we start on the Home page.
First, you need to click the Settings option at the top of the page on the right.
This takes you to the page you see above.
Click the option of Firewall in the left sidebar.
This opens up a new set of choices beneath that. Pick the new option of Port Mapping.
You should now be on the page you see above. Make sure the Port Mapping Settings are Enabled.
Click the Apply button.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Put the same port number into both the Src. Port and the Dest. Port boxes.
Enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to in the Dest. IP Address box. This is either the IP address of a computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
The protocol that you want to forward is selected from the Protocol box.
You need to name this entry in the Comment box. The name does not make any difference in the forward; it's just there so that you can remember later why you setup this forward.
Don't forget to click the Apply button after each entry is completed.
That's it, your ports should be forwarded.
Are Your Ports Open?
Once you have finished port forwarding, it is always a good idea to check your work. To help you with this we have an Open Port Checker. It uses a local applications to see if the server is listening on those ports. This guarantees a positive confirmation on whether or not your ports are open.
If you are still having trouble port forwarding the ZTE MF65M router, we recommend using our PortForward Software. Our software includes everything you need in order to diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix port forwarding issues.
We also have a large selection of free guides. You can find everything from networking guides to gaming guides.
We also have a large selection of router setup guides. Want to know how to setup your WiFi network? Need to change your DNS settings? Check out setuprouter.com for everything router related.