The ZTE ZHXN-H108NS router has a firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. The firewall works by blocking incoming connections that you may need for a better application or online gaming experience. In order to allow additional connections you need to create what is called a port forward.
In this guide I will show you exactly how to create a port forward on the ZTE ZHXN-H108NS router. These steps are:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the ZTE ZHXN-H108NS router web interface.
- How to find the port forwarding page in the router's web interface.
- How to setup a port forward for the online game or program of your choice.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free Static IP Setter will set up a static IP address for you.
- Another way to get a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP reservation.
- Or, manually create a static ip address with our Static IP Guides.
This step is important because you want a permanent IP address in your device. If you do not set up a permanent IP address in your device, then when you device reboots it may get a new IP address.
Now it is time to login to the ZTE ZHXN-H108NS router. This router has a web interface meaning you need to login to it using a web browser. It normally doesn't matter what browser you decide to use, simply pick your favorite such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome.
Once you have opened the web browser, find the address bar. It should look something like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default ZTE ZHXN-H108NS router IP address is: 192.168.1.1
After entering the router's IP address simply click the Enter key. If everything goes right you see a login screen similar to the one below:
You should see a box prompting you for your username and password. If you don't see a box asking for these two things, there is a good chance the IP address was incorrect. To find out what the router's IP address is follow the directions on the How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
- The Default ZTE ZHXN-H108NS Router Username is: admin
- The Default ZTE ZHXN-H108NS Router Password is: password
Enter your username and password, and then click the OK or Login button to log in to your ZTE ZHXN-H108NS router.
This is a pretty common place to get stuck. If you find yourself here, don't panic, there are a few things you can try:
- First, check all the different ZTE default combinations. Here is the list of all known Default ZTE Router Passwords.
- Second, try and guess what the password/username was changed to. Use our Find Password App to make this step much easier.
- Finally, if you still are stuck after trying both of the above options, it might be time to consider a factory reset. Learn more about this option on our How to Reset a Router page.
Now we need to find the port forwarding section in your router. Here's how you do it. Starting from the Status page in your router:
Begin by clicking the Advanced Setup option at the top of the page.
You should now see a new menu in the orange bar at the top of the page. Click the option of NAT.
On the page you see above, click the Virtual Server link in the center section of the page.
Congratulations, you have found the port forwarding page of the ZTE ZHXN-H108NS router.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
- Browsing our List of Games
- Check out our our List of Games by Genre
- See our List of all Applications
Make up a name to put in the Application box. The name does not have any effect on the functionality of the forward, it's simply there so you can know why it was created.
From the Protocol box select the protocol for the ports that you want to forward.
If you are only forwarding a single port then you can enter that same port number into the Start Port Number, End Port Number, Star Port Number (Local) and End Port Number (Local) boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports then you need to enter the lowest number of the range into the Start Port Number and Star Port Number (Local) boxes and the highest number of the range into the End Port Number and End Port Number (Local) boxes.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to in the Local IP Address box. You can enter either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another computer or device on your network.
Click the Apply button when you are done.
Don't forget to click the Apply button when you are finished.
Your ports should now be open. It is time to test them.
Test if Your Ports are Open
Now that you have forwarded ports on the ZTE ZHXN-H108NS you should test to see if your ports are forwarded correctly.
To test if your port has been properly forwarded, you can use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Our Open Port Check tool is the only online port checking tool with Guaranteed Results.
Check out our other guides here. We have a growing list of free gaming, networking, and software guides here at portforward.com.
Our other site setuprouter.com can help you setup a secure home network with your exact router.