Your ZTE ZXHN H267N router has a firewall. This firewall is used to help protect your home network from any unwanted Internet access. The firewall does this by blocking all but a few specific ports. If you play online games or use online programs, you may need to open additional ports so the game or program will run as it is suppose to. Opening ports is typically called a port forward.
In this guide we show you how to port forward on the ZTE ZXHN H267N router. We will walk you through each of the following steps:
- How to setup a static IP address on the exact device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the ZTE ZXHN H267N router interface.
- How to find the port forwarding section of the router.
- How to create a port forward entry.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
Now that the device you are forwarding the ports to has a static IP address, you need to login to the ZTE ZXHN H267N interface. To do this you need to use a web browser. It doesn't matter what browser you use. We recommend picking one you are familiar with. Some of the more common browsers include: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.
After opening the desired web browser, find the address bar. You should be able to find this at the top of the page like:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default ZTE ZXHN H267N IP Address is: 192.168.1.1
If you have changed the router IP address in the past or you don't remember what you changed it to, then in order to find it you need to follow the directions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
After typing the router's IP address into the address bar, click the Enter key on your keyboard. You should get a Login page. It may look something like this:
Go ahead and enter the username and password for the ZTE ZXHN H267N router interface. Then press the Login button.
- The Default ZTE ZXHN H267N Router Username is: admin
- The Default ZTE ZXHN H267N Router Password is: password
Note: The router username and password are NOT the same as the WiFi username and password.
This is a very common place to get stuck. If you find yourself needing help logging in, here are three things you can try:
- The first thing you should try is other ZTE usernames/password combinations. If you have a different firmware version you may also have a different username and password. Here is our list of Default ZTE Router Passwords.
- Next, it may be that you changed the password in the past and don't remember what you changed it to. We recommend trying to guess what you changed it to. For a guessing boost use our Find Password App. It is extremely handy and it guesses thousands of different passwords for you. Learn all about it on this Router Password Cracker.
- Finally, after you have thoroughly exhausted your other troubleshooting options, you may need to do a factory reset on the device. Don't take this step lightly. A factory reset is a big step. All your personal configurations are lost and reverted to default. Learn the basics of a router reset on this How to Reset a Router page.
You should now be ready to find the port forwarding section of the router. To do this we begin on the Home page of the ZTE ZXHN H267N router.
First, click the Internet option at the top of the page.
Then, click the tab at the top of the page on the right labeled Port Forwarding.
Now click the option of Create New Item.
You are now ready to make a port forward entry.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Create a name for this forward and put it in the Name box. The name is only used as a reminder and has no effect on the port forward.
The protocol that you want to forward is selected from the Protocol box.
Choose an available connection from the WAN Connection dropdown box.
Leave WAN Host IP Range set to 192.168.1.1 ~ 192.168.1.1.
Put a dot into the MAC Mapping Off radio button.
You need to enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to in the LAN Host IP box. It's possible for this to be either the IP address of your computer or any other IP address on your network that you want ports forwarded to.
If you are forwarding a single port, enter that port number into both of the WAN Port Range and both of the LAN Host Port Range boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of that range into the left hand WAN Port Range and LAN Host Port Range boxes. Then enter the highest number of that range into the right hand WAN Port Range and LAN Host Port Range boxes.
After you are done click the Apply button.
When you are done, be sure to click the blue Apply button to save your new port forward rule.
How to Tell if the Ports Forwarded.
So you typed everything in that you were suppose to... there are no neon lights to tell you all that work wasn't wasted. How do you tell if the ports actually forwarded?
To find out if your port opened correctly you need to use an Open Port Checker. We (of course) recommend using our Open Port Checker. Most online port checkers assume that you already have an application (such as your game or torrent) listening for the port test on your computer, and then assume that the test was OK simply because they were able to connect to your computer. Our port checker does not do this. We use a local application to see if the ports are open. With our open port check tool you never get a false positive.
If the port forward did not go through or you are simply too confused, we recommend using our awesome Port Forwarding Software. Everyday we help hundreds of people get their ports open. Port forwarding should be easy. Our software provides you with everything you need to easily troubleshoot and fix your port forwarding issues.
Here at portforward.com we have a lot of different guides to choose from. Do you need a game walkthrough? Do you need to learn how to port forward behind two routers? We have these and much more in our guide section.
Are you looking for guides on how to setup your WiFi network securely? How about changing the DNS settings or learning how to create a strong password that no-one can crack? Learn it all on setuprouter.com.