The ports that need to be forwarded for a ZyXEL NSA221 NAS are listed here:
ZyXEL NSA221 - PC
- TCP: 21, 80, 445, 3999, 8082, 9090
- UDP: 21, 80, 445, 3999, 8082, 9090
Forward Ports for a ZyXEL NSA221 NAS
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a ZyXEL NSA221 NAS. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a ZyXEL NSA221 NAS.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for a ZyXEL NSA221 NAS
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a ZyXEL NSA221 NAS in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a ZyXEL NSA221 NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for ZyXEL NSA221
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a ZyXEL NSA221 NAS.