ZyXEL HomeBox 6641 Router Port Forwarding Steps
Your ZyXEL HomeBox 6641 router protects your home network by limiting incoming connections from the internet. Sometimes it is necessary to unblock some of those connections like when you want to create a direct connection for gaming, use a specific application, or set up a new device on your network. This process is called forwarding or opening a port. In your ZyXEL HomeBox 6641 router you many need to open a port which means assigning a port number or set of port numbers to a specific IP address. This routes the incoming data to the correct device on your network.
Follow the steps below to open ports in your ZyXEL HomeBox 6641 router:
- Set up a static IP address on the computer or device that you are forwarding ports to.
- Login to your ZyXEL HomeBox 6641 router.
- Make your way to the Port Forwarding section of the ZyXEL HomeBox 6641 router.
- Click on the Heimnetz link, which can be found at the left of the screen.
- Click on the option that says Port Forwarding.
- Go ahead and create a Port Forwarding entry.
Opening ports in a router can be a difficult process the first few times. Don't get discouraged! We will walk you through all the steps to open a port in the ZyXEL HomeBox 6641 router.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
Step 1 - Setup A Static IP Address
Set up a static IP address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This is an important step that keeps your ports open even after a reboot, power outage, or other type of device or router disconnect.
Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
→ Download Network Utilities today!
Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
Step 2 - Login To Your ZyXEL Router
Log in to the ZyXEL HomeBox 6641 router. To do this you need to use a web browser because the ZyXEL HomeBox 6641 router uses what is called a web interface.
It normally doesn't matter what web browser you use so go ahead and open up your favorite. If you don't have a favorite or are confused, open up Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
If that is confusing to you, we have simplified this step with this link: Login to your HomeBox 6641 Router
Once you have opened up a browser window, find the address bar. This is usually at the top of the page like the image below shows.
Look at the screenshot above and find 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. This is your router's IP address (which is sometimes called the computer's default gateway.)
The ZyXEL HomeBox 6641 router's default IP address is: 192.168.1.1
After typing your router's IP address into the address bar, make sure to click the enter button on your keyboard. You should see a box similar to the one shown below.
Enter the username and password for the ZyXEL HomeBox 6641 in the corresponding boxes. Important Note: If you have changed them in the past, you need to enter in those values.
- The default ZyXEL HomeBox 6641 Router Username is: created at setup
- The default ZyXEL HomeBox 6641 Router Password is: created at setup
To log in to your ZyXEL HomeBox 6641 router, enter your username and password, and then click the Log In button.
ZyXEL Usernames and Passwords
If the username or password did not work check out our Default ZyXEL Router Passwords page.
If you are unable to log in even after trying the above list of passwords you may need to consider a reset for your router. Our guide How to Reset a Router can help you with that. After resetting the ZyXEL HomeBox 6641 router your username and password will be reverted back to factory defaults.
Step 3 - Find The Port Forwarding Section
After successfully logging in to your ZyXEL HomeBox 6641 router you should see the router's home page on your screen. Find the Port Forwarding section of your router.
- Find the Heimnetz link located near the left of the screen and click it.
- Click on the option that says Port Forwarding.
You are now on the Port Forwarding page.
Step 4 - Create A Port Forward Entry
Make sure that it is necessary for you to open a port in your router before doing so, since this will allow data to come through the firewall portion of your router to a specific device. It is possible that this could lead to malicious traffic on your network. However, don't let this warning stop you from making this change if you need it because the risk is very low.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
- Click on the Neu button.
- Put a check in the box marked Diese Regel aktivieren.
- Make the Benutzerdef selection in the Dienst drop down list.
- You need to enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to into the Computer box. It's possible for this to be either the IP address of your computer or any other IP address on your network that you want ports forwarded to.
- Select 1 Portbereich from the Port(bereich/e); drop down box.
- Enter the port number into the left Portbereich and the right Portbereich boxes to forward a single port. If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of that range into the left Portbereich box and then enter the highest number of that range into the right Portbereich box.
- In the Protokoll dropdown box, select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding. Choose Both if your router has that option. Otherwise, select either TCP or UDP as needed. If you need to forward a port for both TCP and UDP and your router does not have the Both option, then you need to create two entries.
- Uncheck Anderen Zielport für Portbereich(e) verwenden.
- Make sure to click the Speichern button at the bottom of the page to apply these changes, when you are completely finished.
Test Your Ports To See If They Are Open
Use our Network Utilities software, (which includes a free Open Port Checker tool) to test your network to see if you have forwarded ports in the ZyXEL HomeBox 6641 router correctly. Open Port Checker is the only online port checking tool that has Guaranteed Results.
Other Guides You May Be Interested In: