Actiontec R1000H Router Port Forwarding
This is the open port guide for the Actiontec R1000H FibreOP. We also have the following related guides:
Pick the guide that most closely matches your router.
Your Actiontec FibreOP R1000H router uses a firewall to protect your home network from unwanted access. Your firewall does this by blocking all connections to and from the Internet that are not authorized. Sometimes the connections required to play an online game or online program are blocked. This will cause all kinds of connectivity issues that are extremely irritating. To fix this problem you need to make a port forward on your Actiontec FibreOP R1000H router.
In this guide we show you how to port forward on the Actiontec FibreOP R1000H router. We will walk you through each of the following steps:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding your ports to.
- How to login to the Actiontec FibreOP R1000H router.
- How to find the port forwarding section of the router.
- And finally, how to configure the router to port forward the ports you want forwarded.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
In this step we show you how to login to the Actiontec FibreOP R1000H router. In order to login to this router you need to open a web browser because it uses a web interface. It does not matter what browser you decide to use. Pick one you are comfortable with. If you are unsure here are some examples: Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Edge.
Once you have opened the web browser, find the address bar. This is typically at the top of the page like this:
From the image above you can see the address bar at the top of the page. You are reading this right now on a web browser. If you look to the top of the screen you should see a bar with https://portforward.com/actiontec/r1000h/ in it. That is the address bar.
All you need to do is type the IP address of your router into that address bar. If you have changed your router's IP address (also called the default gateway) then you need to find it. To do this follow the instructions in this guide.
The default IP address for the Actiontec FibreOP R1000H router is: 192.168.2.1
After typing the correct IP address into the address bar, you are given an authentication page like this:
All you need to do is enter the router's username and password. Then press the white Apply button.
- The Default Actiontec R1000H Router Username is: admin
- The Default Actiontec R1000H Router Password is: password
This is a common place to get stuck. Here are a few things you can try:
- First, try some other Actiontec usernames and passwords. If you have a different firmware version, you might also have a different username and password. Here is our list of Default Actiontec Router Passwords.
- Second, we recommend trying to guess what the password might be. You must have forgotten what you changed the username and password to when you setup the router. If you need a bit of help, check out our Find Password App. This app allows you to automate the guessing process. Learn more about it on the Router Password Cracker page.
- Finally if you are still stuck, you may want to do a factory reset. A factory reset erases every single setting you have ever changed in the lifetime of this router. We strongly recommend you exhaust your other options first. Learn how to reset a router in this How to Reset a Router guide.
In this third step, we will show you how to find the port forwarding section of the Actiontec FibreOP R1000H router. We begin on the Home page:
Click the Firewall option at the top of the page.
A new menu on the left side of the page appears. Click the option of Port Forwarding.
This is the correct page to be on in order to create a port forward.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
From the Select Device dropdown box select Manually enter the IP address.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to in the Enter IP Address box. You can enter either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another computer or device on your network.
If you are forwarding a single port, enter that port number into the Starting Port and the Ending Port boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of that range into the Starting Port box. Then enter the highest number of that range into the Ending Port box.
Select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding from the Protocol box.
Testing Your Ports
After you have finished port forwarding, it is a good idea to check and see if they forwarded correctly. We have an Open Port Checker you can use. It is free and part of our Network Utilities. This Open Port Checking tool uses a local application to see if the server is listening on those ports. This gives you an accurate answer. Go ahead and give it a try.
Are you still having trouble? You are an excellent candidate for our Network Utilities. It sets up the static IP address, configures your router, and troubleshoots for you.
Don't forget to check out our growing list of free guides. Everything from gaming to networking, we are your computer information source.
On our site setuprouter.com you can find guides on setting up your wireless network, changing the wireless channel, or even changing your DNS settings. These guides are router specific, so just find your router model and follow the individualized instructions.