Age of Mythology is a Real-Time and Strategy game published by Microsoft Game Studios released in 2002.
Ports Required for Age of Mythology
The incoming ports for Age of Mythology are as follows:
Age of Mythology - PC
- TCP: 28800-28805
- UDP: 2200-2400, 6073
We have guides that are custom tailored for Age of Mythology that will show you the incoming ports.
Age of Mythology includes the following styles of gameplay.
- A real time strategy game tends to involve things like resource farming and management, as well as troop creation and construction of buildings. Warcraft and Starcraft are some of the most well known RTS style games.
- While playing a strategy game the player is focused on long term planning. They can be either real-time which involves a free running clock or turn-based where each player gets to take their turn in sequence. They frequently include exploration and resource management.
How to Port Forward Age of Mythology
When you are playing Age of Mythology you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.