Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for aMule:
aMule - PC
- TCP: 4662
- UDP: 4665, 4672
Set Up a Port Forward for aMule
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use aMule. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to aMule.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your download client.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for aMule
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your download client in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for aMule in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for aMule:
List of Routers - Customized for aMule
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for aMule.