This Asus RT-ARCH13 router has a firewall that helps protect the home network from unwanted Internet access. A firewall does this by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections that are not authorized. In order to authorize additional connections to go through the firewall for an online game or application you need to create what is called a port forward. A port forward sends the named port through the firewall directly to a designated computer on your home network.
A port forward may seem difficult at first, but don't worry we will walk you through each of the steps involved. These steps are:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device or game console you want to forward these ports to.
- How to login to the Asus RT-ARCH13 router.
- How to find the port forwarding section of the router.
- How to make a port forward entry.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
NOTE: Write this address down. You need it for Step 4.
It is now time to login to the Asus RT-ARCH13 router. To do this you need to open a web browser such as Google, Internet Explorer, Edge, or Firefox. It typically doesn't matter which browser you decide to use.
Once you have opened the browser, find the address bar at the top of the page. It should look something like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Asus RT-ARCH13 IP Address is: 192.168.1.1
Press the Enter key after typing in the router's IP address. This should give you to a Login window like this:
If the above login page does not appear, you need to find out what the router's IP address has been changed to. To help you with this, follow the instructions on our How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
On this screen you are going to enter the Asus RT-ARCH13 username and password and press the blue Sign in button.
- The Default Asus RT-ARCH13 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Asus RT-ARCH13 Router Password is: password
If you were unable to login using the above values, here are a few troubleshooting ideas:
- Try other Asus username/password combinations. If you have a different firmware version you could easily have a different username and password as well. Here is our list of Default Asus Router Passwords.
- If that does not work, it is because the username and password were changed. We recommend taking some time guessing what you may of changed it to. For extra help you can user our Router Password Cracker.
- Finally, if you are still unable to login to the Asus RT-ARCH13 router, you may need to reset the router. Resetting a router is a big step and should not be taken lightly. All your personal changes you have made in the past are erased. If you need to reset your router read this How to Reset a Router page.
In this third step we will be showing you how to navigate to the port forwarding section of the router's interface. Let's start on the Network Map page.
On this page you should see a list of options in the left sidebar. Click the option of WAN.
Now look at the top of the page. Click on the tab that says Virtual Server / Port Forwarding.
You are now on the correct page to make a port forward entry.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Make up a name to put in the Service Name box. The name does not have any effect on the functionality of the forward, it's simply there so you can know why it was created.
Type the ports to forward into the Port Range box.
Your ports can be entered as a list 23,24,25, a range 500-600, or a combination of both 23,45,500-600.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to in the Local IP box. You can enter either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another computer or device on your network.
Select the required protocol for these ports from the Protocol dropdown box.
Click the + button when you are finished.
Don't forget to click the Apply button when you are finished.
Are Your Ports Open
After you have completed all the above steps you need to check if the ports forwarded correctly. To do this you can use our Network Utilities which includes a FREE Open Port Checker. Our port checker is guaranteed to be accurate.
Don't have time to port forward? You ran into troubles while port forwarding the Asus RT-ARCH13? Use our Port Forward Software. We really think port forwarding should be easy. If you use our software we will troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix all your port forwarding issues. Let us help, we will get your ports forwarded.
Wait there's more. We have more than just port forwarding guides. Check them out here. Try one of our game walkthroughs or learn how to read binary. We are your computer information source.
Interested in learning how to setup a router like a pro? At setuprouter.com we have router specific guides to show you how to setup a secure network, change your radio channel, what encryption to use and much more.