Battlefield 4 has the following styles of play.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
Port Forward Battlefield 4
When you are playing Battlefield 4 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Battlefield 4
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Battlefield 4 are as follows:
Battlefield 4 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080,9988,10000-10100,17502,42127
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658-3659,14000-14016
Battlefield 4 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Battlefield 4 - PC
- TCP: 9988,17502,20000-20100,22990,42127
- UDP: 3659,14000-14016,22990-23006,25200-25300
Battlefield 4 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Battlefield 4 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Battlefield 4 - Steam
- TCP: 9988,17502,20000-20100,22990,27015-27030,27036-27037,42127
- UDP: 3659,4380,14000-14016,22990-23006,25200-25300,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Battlefield 4 simply follow one of these links:
- Battlefield 4 - Playstation 3
- Battlefield 4 - Xbox 360
- Battlefield 4 - PC
- Battlefield 4 - Xbox One
- Battlefield 4 - Playstation 4
- Battlefield 4 - Steam
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.