Ports To Forward for Borderlands: Legendary Collection
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Borderlands: Legendary Collection are as follows:
Borderlands: Legendary Collection - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Borderlands: Legendary Collection that will show you the incoming connection ports.
Borderlands: Legendary Collection offers the following genres of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- In an open world style of game the player is allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment. This style of games is usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
- Most game compilations are repackaging of older arcade games bundled together. They are frequently composed of games from the same game publisher.
Forward Ports for Borderlands: Legendary Collection
When you are playing Borderlands: Legendary Collection you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.