How to Port Forward Borderlands in Your Router
Borderlands includes the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
Forward Ports for Borderlands
When you are playing Borderlands you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Borderlands Require
The specific ports for Borderlands are as follows:
Borderlands - PC
- TCP: 7777,28900,28902,28910
- UDP: 7777,27900,28902
Borderlands - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074,7777
- UDP: 88,3074,7777
Borderlands - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,7777,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658,7777
Borderlands - Steam
- TCP: 7777,27015-27030,27036-27037,28900,28910
- UDP: 4380,7777,27000-27031,27036,27900
Borderlands - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480,7777
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,7777
Borderlands - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074,7777
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500,7777
We have guides that are custom tailored for Borderlands that will show you the exact ports.
- Borderlands - PC
- Borderlands - Xbox 360
- Borderlands - Playstation 3
- Borderlands - Steam
- Borderlands - Playstation 4
- Borderlands - Xbox One
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.