Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a First Person Shooter game published by Activision released in 2007.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare offers the following styles of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there is a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
Forward Ports for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
When you are playing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare are as follows:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - PC
- TCP: 28960
- UDP: 28960
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare simply follow one of these links:
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - PC
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Xbox 360
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Playstation 3
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.