The following ports need to be forwarded for ControlByWeb X-320:
ControlByWeb X-320 - PC
- TCP: 8000
Forwarding Ports for ControlByWeb X-320
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use ControlByWeb X-320. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to ControlByWeb X-320.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your device.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for ControlByWeb X-320
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type the IP address of your device into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for ControlByWeb X-320 in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for ControlByWeb X-320:
List of Routers - Customized for ControlByWeb X-320
That's all it takes to forward your ports for ControlByWeb X-320.