Creating a Port Forward in Your Router for Costume Quest 2
Costume Quest 2 offers the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
How to Port Forward Costume Quest 2
When you are playing Costume Quest 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Costume Quest 2 Require
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Costume Quest 2 are as follows:
Costume Quest 2 - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Costume Quest 2 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Costume Quest 2 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Costume Quest 2 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Costume Quest 2 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Costume Quest 2 that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded.
- Costume Quest 2 - PC
- Costume Quest 2 - Playstation 3
- Costume Quest 2 - Playstation 4
- Costume Quest 2 - Xbox 360
- Costume Quest 2 - Xbox One
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.