How to Port Forward Crysis 3
Crysis 3 offers the following styles of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there is a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
Forward Ports for Crysis 3
When you are playing Crysis 3 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to click the links to get to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Crysis 3 Require
The specific ports that need to be forwarded for Crysis 3 are as follows:
Crysis 3 - PC
- TCP: 1024-1124,3074,9946,9960-9969,13000-13100,18000,18120,18060,27900,28910,29900,42100
- UDP: 1024-1124,3074,3659,6000,18000,29900
Crysis 3 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Crysis 3 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,3659,5223,6000,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658,9946,42100,13000-13100
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Crysis 3 simply follow one of these links:
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.