Your D-Link DIR-850 Etisalat router has a firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. The router's firewall does this by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections unless they have been deemed safe. In order to open some of these connections for an online game or application you need to create what is normally called a port forward. A port forward is a rule you give your firewall that allows the specified connections through to a specific device without being stopped.
In this guide we will walk you through each of the following steps in order to get your ports forwarded. These steps include:
- How to setup a Static IP address on the device you want to forward these ports to.
- How to Login to the D-Link DIR-850 Etisalat router.
- How to navigate to the port forwarding section of the router interface.
- How to setup a port forward entry on your router.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
NOTE: We recommend writing this static IP address down. You will need it in Step 4.
In this second step, we will be showing you how to login to the D-Link DIR-850 Etisalat router interface. A router provides you the interface through a web browser. Open up the web browser of your choice, it usually does not matter which browser you decide to open. Some recommended browsers are Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Firefox.
After opening the web browser of your choice, find the address bar. This is normally found at the top of the page like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default D-Link DIR-850 IP Address is: 192.168.1.1
If the above IP address did not work or you changed the router's IP address in the past and you don't remember what you changed it to, please follow the directions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
Once you have entered the D-Link DIR-850 Etisalat router IP address into the address bar, click the Enter key and you should be shown the following image:
If you see an image similar to the one above you are on the correct page. This is an authentication page, simply enter the username and password in order to access the router's interface.
- The Default D-Link DIR-850 Router Username is: admin
- The Default D-Link DIR-850 Router Password is: password
If you find yourself stuck and unable to access the router's interface, here are a few things you can try:
- Other D-Link usernames and passwords. If you have a slightly different firmware version, you may also have a different username and password. Here is our list of Default D-Link Router Passwords.
- If the above option did not work it is very likely you changed the username and/or password and just don't remember. Try guessing what you changed it to. You can also try our Find Password App. It automates the process of guessing for you. Learn all about it on this Router Password Cracker page.
- Finally, if you are still unable to access the router's interface you may need to do a factory reset on the D-Link DIR-850 Etisalat router. This is not recommended unless you have absolutely no other options. A factory reset erases all previously configured settings. Learn how to reset a router on this How to Reset a Router page.
It is time to find the port forwarding section of the router. To help you with this step, we begin on the Home page:
On this page, click the Advance option.
You should now see a page similar to the one above. Click the option in the left sidebar labeled Firewall.
This opens up some new options, click the link labeled Port Forwarding.
You should now be on the correct page to port forward.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Enable the Enable Port Forwarding checkbox by putting a check in it.
Enter the IP address to forward these ports to into the IP Address box. If you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on a device other than your computer then you can enter your device's IP address into that box.
Use the Protocol dropdown box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding.
If you are only forwarding a single port then you can enter that same port number into both the left Port Range and the right Port Range boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports then you need to enter the lowest number into the left Port Range box and the highest number into the right Port Range box.
Enter the name of the program into the Comment box. It doesn't really matter what you put into this box, but something that will remind you why these ports are being forwarded is be a good idea.
Click the Apply Changes button when you are all done.
Testing the Port Forward
It can be difficult to determine if the port forward actually went through. It is always a good idea to check your work when you are finished with port forwarding. To do this we recommend using our Open Port Checker. With our Port checker there are no false readings. Our port checker is guaranteed to be accurate.
If you are having difficulty forwarding ports please use our Port Forward Software. Our software does all the work for you making forwarding the right ports easy.
We have more than just port forwarding guides, check out our full list of guides here.
Do you need help setting up your router? How secure is your network? Some routers by default have absolutely no network security. Secure your network and more at setuprouter.com.