How To Open Ports in Your Router for Darksiders
Darksiders has the following styles of play.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- In a hack-and-slash style of game you spend most of the time just killing wave after wave of creatures. They are strongly emphasize combat over anything else. Hack-and-slash style games are usually also considered action games.
How to Port Forward Darksiders
When you are playing Darksiders you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Darksiders
The exact ports for Darksiders are as follows:
Darksiders - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Darksiders yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Darksiders - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Darksiders - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Darksiders - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Darksiders - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Darksiders - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Darksiders - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Darksiders that will show you the network ports.
- Darksiders - Xbox 360
- Darksiders - Playstation 3
- Darksiders - Playstation 4
- Darksiders - Xbox One
- Darksiders - Steam
- Darksiders - Switch
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.