DC Universe Online includes the following styles of gameplay.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online game. MMO's are huge open worlds where large numbers of people play at the same time. The focus highly on character development and progression, as well as loot collection and grouping together.
Port Forward DC Universe Online
When you are playing DC Universe Online you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for DC Universe Online
The network ports for DC Universe Online are as follows:
DC Universe Online - PC
- TCP: 7775-7778, 11010-25999
- UDP: 7000, 7775-7778, 11010-25999
DC Universe Online - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
DC Universe Online - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
DC Universe Online - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
DC Universe Online - Steam
- TCP: 7775-7778, 11010-25999, 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 7000, 7775-7778, 11010-25999, 27000-27031, 27036
DC Universe Online - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and DC Universe Online simply follow one of these links:
- DC Universe Online - PC
- DC Universe Online - Playstation 3
- DC Universe Online - Playstation 4
- DC Universe Online - Xbox One
- DC Universe Online - Steam
- DC Universe Online - Switch
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.