Opening Ports for Dead by Daylight using Your Router
Dead by Daylight has the following styles of play.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- In a survival game you simply need to stay alive. Some have waves of enemies that get harder with each wave. Many are horror based, supernatural, or post-apocalyptic. They generally focus on conserving resources such as ammo and health, and sometimes employ elements of stealth.
Port Forward Dead by Daylight
When you are playing Dead by Daylight you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Dead by Daylight Require
The connection ports for Dead by Daylight are as follows:
Dead by Daylight - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Dead by Daylight - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Dead by Daylight - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Dead by Daylight - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Dead by Daylight that will show you the required incoming ports.
- Dead by Daylight - Steam
- Dead by Daylight - Playstation 4
- Dead by Daylight - Xbox One
- Dead by Daylight - Switch
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.